We’ve been wanting to print out a glider for a while, in particular this one: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31944. Having attempted it before and failing miserably, we pulled out all the stops on attempting it with our new plastic/settings. We replaced the painter’s tape on the build platform, covered it in hairspray to make the wings stick smoothly, you have to wipe the hairspray off quickly however, otherwise the tape welts up pretty quickly. We decided to print the glider in glow in the dark plastic (also from http://www.reprap-walmart.com). Babysitting the start to remove any extra drool, the print succeeded on the first attempt, and turned out wonderfully!
Uh-oh this looks like a tough one to unstick , luckily we thought ahead and printed out a print remover before we started on this print. Here it is:
Only slightly tore up the tape:
Assembled and ready to fly:
And the launcher:
It flew pretty well! However, after a fast dive into the concrete, it lost a couple of it’s wings. So we printed another! Here’s the new one next to the old one:
And we promptly broke that one as well… See you all next time!